Policy and Legislative
- Promote development of policies that protect communities, the life and property of citizens, and that represent best practices for floodplain management within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Disseminate information on current legislative actions and policy updates at the national and state level to the members.
- Keep abreast of legislative actions and proposals at the state and federal levels.
- Advocate for legislative change within the context of PAFPM’s Mission.
- Create an Annual Workplan that includes achievable policy goals.
- Establish a protocol for taking positions on policy including member input.
To read more about the policy and legislation that influences floodplain management within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, please see our Policy and Legislative Resources Page.